You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Learning Support Assistant
Job Location: Bolton
Job Hours: 8:30am - 4pm Monday to Friday (term time only)
Axcis are currently working in partnership with a Secondary pupil referral unit in the Bolton area who are looking for Learning Support Assistants to work on both a 1:1 basis and in small groups with very challenging pupils who have been excluded from mainstream education.
This is not your stereotypical challenging behaviour role, this will challenge your resilience and ability as a learning mentor to the max, but with that; it is one of the most rewarding roles you can get. The facilities are fantastic and the CPD is second to none.
- You will have strong relationship building experience and be confident and have a real hands on approach with hard to reach children and young adults
- An excellent understanding of working within extremely challenging environments, ideally within a similar setting or within the youth offending system
- A strong character who has the ability to defuse tense situations
- You will be a driver as this role will potentially see you work on a multi-site basis
- Experience of working in an educational setting whereby you would work to execute carefully planned educational programmes
- Previous work within both an education and youth offending setting combined
- You yourself will have been in this sort of setting in your youth, very much a skilled through experience way of working
As mentioned, this isn't your typical PRU role, you will be challenged on a daily basis and no two days are the same, however, it is extremely rewarding to see the children you have worked with succeed and get back onto the right track.
For the right person, this has the opportunity to become a permanent role.
If you are interested, then please contact Dom Ormerod at Axcis Education Manchester office.
Axcis is an equal opportunities employer. The company is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All staff will be subject to our stringent vetting procedures, which include an enhanced DBS, full work history, references and a face-to-face interview.
Axcis Education is an employment agency offering temporary supply work for daily, short-term and long-term assignments in addition to permanent positions.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.