We have an opportunity for Functional Skills Tutor to join an Outstanding Training provider. As a Functional Skills Tutor you will be supporting students aged 16-18 achieve their functional skills qualifications in both, Maths and English, ICT up to Level 2. We are looking for a Functional Skills Tutor that can motivate and inspire our students to achieve their full potential whilst on our programme. You must have previous teaching experience and be able to work with students that are challenging at times and some will have moderate learning difficulties.
You will be required to work 3 days per week and the salary will be pro rota.
- Relevant Functional Skills or Maths and English Experience.
- A Minimum of 2 years teaching experience.
- Full Teaching Qualifications i.e. Cert Ed, C&G7407 ,CTTLS,DTTLS
- ICT L2
- A Minimum of GCSE C grade or level 4 in Maths and English
- Excellent Classroom management skills.
As part of company policy at Nova Training, every candidate must be screened in Math’s, English and ICT skills. Applicants will be asked to undertake assessments during the interview screening process and will be required to demonstrate a level of competence, to qualify for employment within Nova Training.
- Experience of delivering training or supporting young people 14-19.
- IAG Qualification.
- TAQA Award in Assessing or Verifying.
- Have led projects involving young people.
- 25 days holiday including a Holiday Purchasing Scheme.
- Company Pension Scheme
- Travel expenses @ 35 pence per mile.
- Access employee assistance and Employee Benefits Schemes.
For more information, please click on the following link: Job-Description - STUDY-PROGRAMME-FUNCTIONAL-SKILLS-TUTOR - 2018
Nova Training places the highest priority on safeguarding all of our learners and staff. If you are applying for a job with Nova Training be aware that we are a Safer Recruitment employer, job applications will be subject to detailed scrutiny.
Applications for employment must be made on NTS1d Employment Application Form which you will be sent if you are called for interview. All relevant employment documents will be seen and verified.
An identity check will also be carried out and entitlement to work in the UK will be verified. A DBS application and 2 reference checks will be undertaken as part of the recruitment process following a face-to-face interview.
NB: Only original or certified documents are acceptable.