You can save this job and apply at a later date.
RES HNC Construction Tutor
RES HNC Construction Tutor
18.5 hours per week, temporary
£28ph plus holiday pay
University Centre Rotherham
Rotherham Education Services supply the RNN Group with flexible temporary workers.
The RNN group are a leading education and training provider, meeting the needs of thousands of employers, adults and school leavers every year and contributing at the heart of our communities.
With an income of over £40m each year, the RNN Group includes three colleges of further and higher education, the University Centre of Rotherham and two training organisations. Through them we educate school leavers, undergraduates, employees and those re-joining the workforce.
We have an exciting opportunity for a temporary lecturer / tutor to deliver construction training at HNC level to learners at our University Centre and within their place of work (onsite training / assessment). We are looking for an experienced and highly motivated individual who has a passion for delivering a high standard of training to join an existing delivery team. This is a great opportunity for someone to join one at a time of significant transformation and growth.
Your main duties will involve all the following but not limited to,
- Writing SOW and Lesson plans.
- Training and Assessing learners at our University Centre and on site using a range of assessment methods (NVQ & HNC)
- Skill scan/training needs analysis
- Submitting all learner documentation on time and to a high standard.
- Marking homework
- Completing all learners’ reviews in a timely manner.
- Maintaining a high standard on all learners’ paperwork and tailoring training to the individual.
- Delivering a high standard of customer service to all learns and employers at all times.
- Traveling across a geographical area delivering to learners on site and attending other meeting as and when required.
- Keeping your online diary up to date with appointments and One-file up to date at all times.
- Using online portals to assist with the assessment of your learners
- A1 award or equivalent (Desirable)
- 2 years or over in delivering HNC or higher construction qualifications. (Essential)
- You must have knowledge of BIM software
- Functional Skills up to Level 2 or equivalent (Desirable)
- Excellent knowledge of developing new standards
- Relevant knowledge of using Smart Assessor or similar online portals.
- Degree or HNC relevant construction qualification (Essential)
- Construction site experience
- Relevant Teaching qualification (Essential)
- Good understanding of IT (office package)
- Excellent organisational/time management skills
- Willingness to learn and develop new skills
- Can do, must do attitude
- Current full clean driving licence
Why work for us?
- Full & part time hours available
- Holiday Pay
- Dedicated co-ordinator to help you through the process of applying and whilst you are engaged with us
- NEST Pension Scheme
- Access to RNN gyms, restaurants and salons
We celebrate diversity and welcome applications from everyone regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, sexuality, faith or disability. We are also proud to be part of the Disability Confidence Scheme.
Disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria are guaranteed an interview.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, vulnerable adults and young people. All new employees will be required undertake a DBS check.
If you are viewing this advert on an external website to RNN Group you can visit our website to see the full JD/Person Spec, apply for the position and view our other fantastic opportunities within the RNN Group
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.