Role: Computer Science Teacher
Salary: £110 – £150 per day
Start date: September 2019, 5 days a week
End date: Ongoing
GSL Education seeks to appoint an enthusiastic and highly motivated teacher of Computer Science who has the ability to teach across the full age range. This post would suit an experienced teacher or an NQT with good prospects for career development. The successful candidate will be a creative and dynamic practitioner who will be able to contribute to the development of our partner school’s Computer science/IT department and help drive forward their agenda of continuous improvement. The department is a busy and cohesive team who work together to achieve the best for their students.
The school is now looking for a computer science teacher who is dynamic in the classroom with the ability to differentiate the learning material to a range of ability levels. The chosen candidate should be able to inspire students by setting a strong example and having high standards. The secondary school consistently achieves GCSE grades above the national average, and strives for academic excellence, so this is a key trait that they are looking for in the teacher. On top of this, experience in teaching at both KS3 & KS4 is essential.
Other benefits include a competitive salary, a supportive and nurturing department and excellent transport links to the local and surrounding areas.
The successful candidate will:
- Be a qualified Computer Science teacher (ideally with PGCE, SCHIIT, GTP, B.Ed, Cert Ed, BA with QTS)
- Have an up to date CV and enhanced DBS disclosure.
- Maintain accurate and complete records of students' progress and development and use this information to adjust teaching strategies.
- Be proven to raise and maintain attainment levels, keeping standards high.
- Be an enthusiastic, highly motivated individual who leads by example.
- Be an excellent communicator with great interpersonal skills.
GSL Education is an ethical, independent recruitment agency serving teachers across Greater Manchester. Our advertised teaching roles relate to real vacancies that exist at our client schools.
For more information on the role, school and how to apply, please contact Paul at GSL Education on (phone number removed).