You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Secondary SEN Teaching Assistant - KS3 & KS4
Secondary SEN Teaching Assistants - KS3 & KS4
£65 - £80 per day
Secondary SEN Teaching Assistants wanted for ongoing assignments in an Alternative Provision.
We we are seeking caring, friendly and experienced SEN Teaching Assistants to work with KS3 and KS4 students at one of our Alternative Provisions, supporting pupils with a range of SEN needs including EBD.
The ideal candidate will have experience of working with SEN students at Secondary level and understand the challenges of working with disengaged young adults. The role will require you supporting the teacher with students who have been permanently excluded from mainstream education.
The position is ongoing and is available 5 days per week for the right candidate.
Summary of SEN Teaching Assistant role:
- Deliver planned activities to pupils on either a one-to-one basis or in small groups
- Listening to pupils read in small groups or one-to-one
- Help with the planning of some lessons
- Ensure pupils you support are engaged and on task during the lesson or activity
- Support the social and emotional development of pupils, reporting any issues when required
- Support the teacher in managing challenging pupil behaviour and promoting positive behaviour
To register with us for a variety of long & short-term SEN Teaching Assistant assignments you must:
- Hold a relevant Teaching Assistant qualification or be qualified by experience
- Meet all safeguarding expectations including a clear enhanced DBS certificate.
- Have relevant & recent SEN experience within an educational setting
- Have experience supporting KS3 and KS4 students
- Have a passion for supporting teaching and the ability to inspire all students to stay fully engaged
- Experience supporting young people on a 1-1 basis or in small groups
- Ability to provide 2 recent educational based references covering a minimum of 2 years.
In return Teacher Fit offer:
- Excellent rates of daily pay
- CPD training throughout the year
- Referral Bonus for introducing other Teachers and Schools
- 24/7 support from a dedicated consultant
- Termly get togethers to share experiences and best practice
If you think you have what it takes to become part of our new supply team as a SEN Teaching Assistant, please email your CV today!
Teacher Fit is an Equal Opportunities Employer and committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff who work with us to share this commitment at all times.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.