You can save this job and apply at a later date.
SEN Teaching Assistants - Croydon
It takes a very special person to work with pupils with severe learning difficulties. Class sizes can be as small as 4/5 pupils and there is a high ratio of LSA support. SLD/PMLD schools have pupils with complex needs, there may be pupils with degenerative illnesses, those who are completely non-verbal and communicate using basic signing tools like Makaton or through a series of lights and clickers. There may be pupils at the high end of the autism spectrum or with Cerebral Palsy.
Your duties could include:
* assisting with pupils' physical needs, including hygiene and feeding, as well as assisting with therapy sessions
* helping with pupils' school work under the supervision of an SEN teacher
* helping pupils increase their confidence, self-esteem and independence
* You will be responsible for promoting inclusion, working according to IEPs and advancing learning, allowing the children you will be working with to make positive progress by removing barriers to learning.
The successful candidate should:
* Have knowledge/interest and experience working with Autism/ASD, ADHD, EBD, SLD, PMLD
-Be able to use positive reinforcement when supporting behaviour difficulties - working with pupils with ADHD this would be an advantage
* Be a patient and positive role model for children
* Knowledge of BSL, Makaton, Team Teach, SPELL/TEACCH would be an advantage.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
The job: has been sent to: