You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Health & Social Care Teacher
Health & Social Care Teacher
£23,720 - £39,406 plus benefits package
Teacher Fit are recruiting for a Health & Social Care Teacher on behalf of our client school in East Nottinghamshire.
Summary of Role and Responsibilities of Health & Social Care Teacher
- Teach pupils within allocated classes, enhancing their learning and providing the opportunity for achievement for all pupils
- Planning and preparing tasks which challenge pupils and ensure high levels of interest during lessons
- Monitor the academic progress of pupils within allocated classes and implement appropriate strategies to address underachievement
- To assess, record and report on the progress and attainment of all pupils within allocated classes
- To register the attendance of pupils in class
- To set appropriate homework
- To mark pupil’s work and give appropriate and constructive feedback
- To research new topic areas, maintain up-to-date subject knowledge, and devise and write new curriculum materials
- Manage pupil behaviour in the classroom and on school premises, and apply appropriate and effective measures in cases of misbehaviour
- Communicate with parents and carers over pupils' progress and participate in departmental meetings, parents' evenings and whole school training events
Essential requirements for Health and Social Care Teacher:
- Qualified Teacher Status (PGCE or equivalent qualification)
- Good Honours degree (First or Second Class)
- Excellent teaching skills, including effective communication skills, ability to motivate students and staff and the capacity to create good learning environments.
- A clear understanding of the characteristics of high quality teaching and learning and achievement for all pupils.
- Ability to lead initiatives, support the process of change and work effectively in a team.
- Ability to prioritise, plan and organise.
- Understanding of safeguarding and promoting of welfare of children issues.
- Successful experience of teaching in the subject across the full age range of a secondary school
- Experience of teaching a wide range of abilities
- Proven record as a teacher whose pupils reach high standards of learning and achievement.
In return Teacher Fit:
- Excellent rates of pay
- CPD training throughout the year
- Referral Bonus for introducing other Teachers and Schools
- 24/7 support from a dedicated consultant
- Termly get togethers to share experiences and best practice
- Resources for planning lessons
If you would like to apply for the position of Health and Social Care Teacher please email your CV today.
Teacher Fit is an Equal Opportunities Employer and committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff who work with us to share this commitment at all times.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
The job: has been sent to: