You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Randstad Student & Worker Support are recruiting for Specialist Note Takers to work with Students at the University of Liverpool.
Please note: this is a Specialist Note Taker role. To do this role, you will need to be up-skilled and therefore have to carry out a short online training session provided by Randstad and be able to type a minimum of 45 words per minute.
We have students with disabilities/mental health conditions who are requiring one to one support in their Higher Education studies. We are looking for the right individuals to support our students to really make a difference.
As a student support worker you will attend various lectures and seminars and take accurate notes for students who due to their disability find it difficult to make notes for themselves.
* Flexible working hours
* 28 days holiday pay pro rata – perfect for the summer holidays and Christmas breaks
* £11 per hour – you will receive this rate, plus your benefits such as holidays
* Working for the UK’s leading provider – you’re in safe hands
* Improving your knowledge for free by being a part of higher education lectures
Providing note taking support to students suffering from disabilities/mental health conditions your responsibilities will include:
* Producing accurate notes for lectures, seminars/tutorials and group tasks on your laptop
* To review notes at the end of the lecture and ensure they are in a suitable format for the student to access effectively
* To maintain a professional role as a note taker and be aware of the need to maintain this professional relationship with the student at all times
* To act in the best interests of learners at all times whilst also working within the policies and procedures of the institution
You will work closely with Randstad regarding the needs of individual students, and to ensure that any concerns are addressed in a timely manner. You will be expected to act professionally and maintain confidentiality within your role at all times, sharing all relevant information with Randstad to ensure the best possible service to your students.
* Accurate spelling and typing skills
* Punctuality and reliability
* You will need to be able to work quickly and under time restrictions
* Good organisational skills
* Ideally you will have experience in working with specific learning difficulties individuals in higher or further education
If you are interested in this rewarding role supporting students in Higher Education and you meet the above requirements, we would love to hear from you!
Please contact Triona O’Farrell on (phone number removed) or click apply!
Randstad SWS acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Randstad SWS is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
Randstad Student Support
The job: has been sent to: