You can save this job and apply at a later date.
TA - SEN - North Leeds
Our client school provides a quality, inclusive education for pupils aged 3 – 16yrs with a wide range of special educational needs including physical difficulties, complex medical conditions and communication needs.
The school caters for 95 pupils and classes are determined by pupils' age, social-emotional development and learning priorities. Staff have high expectations for all pupils and aim to fully extend their academic, physical and social-emotional development. High levels of quality, skilled staff and individualised learning programmes ensure both the learning and social needs of each child are met within their class.
We are seeking a Teaching Assistant who is prepared to ‘go the extra mile’ – supporting pupils with complex needs by delivering a creative and differentiated curriculum that meets pupils social, emotional and mental health needs alongside ensuring that learning activities are engaging and meaningful. You must have excellent communication skills and be prepared to work within an inter-disciplinary environment. e put a high emphasis on inter-disciplinary working. The school has onsite speech & language therapists, NHS occupational therapists, physiotherapists, and a full time nurse. You will work closely with social care teams and other local organisations to ensure the best outcomes for pupils. In addition to supporting access to learning, you must also be comfortable supporting pupils with personal care.
The successful applicant will:
* Be able to provide a positive environment where learning is fun and enjoyable and achievements are celebrated;
* Encourage and appropriately challenge all pupils to achieve their full potential;
* Recognise and celebrate individual differences and promote positive self image and worth;
* Provide a caring, safe environment in which pupils are taught to respect themselves and others both in school and the wider community;
* Promote effective working partnerships with parents, carers and external agencies;
* Teach all pupils to become effective communicators (pupils may use alternative methods of communication such as Makaton, PECS or Sign Language);
* Promote good behaviour by acting as a positive role model and providing high quality behaviour management;
* Utilise the community to enhance the curriculum and enable pupils to practice their social skills in real life situations;
* Develop pupil self esteem, confidence and independence in preparation for life beyond school;
* Be passionate about providing sustained, high quality care, guidance and education
Previous experience within a specialist setting is desirable. We will also consider applications from individuals with personal experience, alongside those with training or qualifications in:
* Health and Social Care
* Social Work
* Family Support Work
* Care/Support Work
* Speech and Language Therapy
Please contact Rav for more information
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see (url removed)/faqs for details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
The job: has been sent to: