You can save this job and apply at a later date.
NRSWA Tutor, Assessor and Internal Verifier
The Skills People Group are a national provider of NVQ, Apprenticeships, Programmes for the unemployed and Compliance training. We specialise in both commercial and funded training and are proud to be nationally recognised as one of the UK’s largest private training providers. We are currently recruiting for a highly organised, qualified New Roads and Street Works Assessor / Internal Verifier to join our existing team.
The NRSWA Assessor / Internal Verifier is responsible for encompassing training, reviewing and monitoring learners within the Highways sector from Level two to level three. Within this you will be required to maintain all learner and course related documentation. This will include maintenance of learner files and tracking relevant documents.
You will act as a personal tutor and mentor to groups of students/assessors and will be expected to work to a target of learner completions. This role will require you to assess workplace performance as well as candidate portfolio building. The role may also require you to potentially set up a NRSWA centre.
In addition to the above you will be required to complete all required funding paper work to company standards.
The successful candidate will undertake the following main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Visiting learners in the workplace and delivering teaching & learning in line with the qualification requirements
- Carrying out assessment using a variety of different methods as part of the delivery of Diploma/Apprenticeship qualifications, to ensure the successful outcome for the full achievement of the qualification in line with contractual requirements and targets
- Agree and review progress with each learner. Create learner portfolios to agreed target standards and ensure they are submitted timely
- Carry out efficient and effective operation of the assessment process in line with Company policy relating to quality and the requirements of the Awarding Body representatives
- Carry out learner progress reviews with all learners ensuring employer and learner engagement.
- Undertake Health and Safety checks for learners on programme
- Ensure that all Equal Opportunities policies and Health & Safety requirements (including Safe Learner Concept) are complied with always, and ensure all learners are given fair access to assessment
- Participate in and support the annual self-assessment process
- Attend and participate in standardisation meetings as planned and / or required
- To take responsibility for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all learners with whom you come into contact
- Complete all relevant funding documentation and administration tasks accurately and timely
The ideal candidate must possess the following Skills, Experience and Qualities:
- Experience of working in the Construction Industry
- Experience working within the highways sector
- Experience in working within compliance of the “Safety at Street Works and Road Works Code of Practice”
- Experience in locating highways services
- Experience assessing NRSWA qualifications
- Experience of teaching/training in a workplace environment
- Full UK driving licence and use of own car
- Energy, enthusiasm, adaptability and commitment
- Flexibility over working hours
- Adhere to policies on Health & Safety, Safeguarding Equality and Diversity
The ideal candidate may possess the following desirable Skills, Experience and Qualities:
- A knowledge of government employment and training programs
- Experience in setting up a NRSWA Centre
The ideal candidate must possess the following qualifications:
- Recognised NVQ Assessor Qualification e.g. A1 or D32, D22, TAQA
- D-34 or L-4 V-1 Qualification
- Vocational qualification at a minimum of level 2
- An up to date New Roads & Street Works qualification
- An up to date Cat & Genny qualification
- An up to date first aid certificate
You will report to your IQA Manager
You will be based remotely
In return, Skills People Group will give you:
A competitive salary
23 days holiday + Bank Holidays plus an additional two days awarded following two years’ service
Employer contributory pension scheme
A challenging and rewarding role in a successful and growing business
The opportunity to grow with a business
Equality and Diversity
It is the responsibility of the post holder to promote equality and diversity throughout the Group
The post holder will undertake their duties in full accordance with the Group’s policies and procedures relating to equal opportunity and diversity.
Health and Safety
To promote health, safety and welfare throughout the Group
To undertake their duties and responsibilities in full accordance with the Group’s Health and Safety Policy and Procedures
Safeguarding Children and Vulnerable Adults
It is the responsibility of the post holder to commit to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults within the organisation
The post holder will undertake their duties in full accordance with the Group’s policies and procedures relating to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, e.g. dealing with learner issues i.e. safeguarding and referring on to specialist staff
This position is subject to an enhanced criminal records check from the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) and will be subject to satisfactory clearance of this check
If this position is classed as Regulated Activity, it is subject to an Adult & Child barring check
The details contained in this job description, particularly the principal accountabilities, reflect the content of the job at the date the job description was prepared. It should be remembered, however, that over time, the nature of individual jobs will inevitably change; existing duties may be lost and other duties may be gained without changing the general character of the duties of the level of responsibility entailed. Consequently, the Group will expect to revise this job description from time to time and will consult with the post holder at the appropriate time
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
Construction Skills People
The job: has been sent to: