You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Teaching Assistant Hackney SEN
A Star Teachers are currently working with a mainstream secondary school in the London borough of Hackney. The school is situated near Dalston/ Haggerston and Stoke Newington.
They are looking for a Learning Support Assistant to start as soon as possible. This school has a requirement for a long term member of staff on a full time basis with potential for it to turn into a permanent role.
This school is based is Hackney, has parking available and has excellent resources along with a supportive staff base. Successful applicants must have experience working in a similar setting or have experience with challenging behaviour as well as special needs. I love for helping pupils achieve their potential is a must!
• To encourage pupils to join in with all activities and to take a full and active part in school life.
• To prepare, modify and adapt resources and learning materials for the pupil as agreed with the class teacher and other professionals.
• To assist in resolving any behavioural, social and emotional difficulties which may arise.
• To encourage the pupil to develop a positive self image, and to develop confidence in their abilities and communication with others.
For this school, it is not essential to have worked in a school previously however working with secondary aged children in some capacity is preferred. Alternatively, if you have worked in a PRU and are interested in working in secondary schools, please do apply.
There are no specific qualifications required in terms of Teaching Assistant qualifications but having behaviour management training such as Team-Teach or MAPA is highly desirable.
The type of person who usually gets on well in this type of environment usually comes from one of the following backgrounds: care services, prisons, youth workers, sports coaching, alternate provisions and psychology.
* You must have the legal right to work in the UK
* You must hold QTS or a UK recognised equivalent teaching qualification
* This position is subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) and professional reference checks
It is A* Star Teachers' policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, due to the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to respond to each applicant individually. If we have not contacted you within three working days, your application has been unsuccessful and your details have not been retained. Please apply for any other position that you may feel suitable for in the future. A* Star Teachers is a Quality Marked Agency (continuously since 2002) and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
A Star Teachers
The job: has been sent to: