You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Supply Nursery Nurse
EYPS are looking to recruit a pool of proactive nursery nurses to work in nurseries across Newcastle and the North East. Applicants should ideally be flexible and able to work short notice.
1. To plan and implement activities relevant to the age/stage of development of the children in their care.
2. Follow guidelines set by OfSTED with regard to the Safeguarding and Welfare Requirements.
3. You will be assigned as a key person to a group of children. You will be expected to observe and record what the children do and plan the next steps for the childrenâ€™s play, learning and development with regard to EYFS.
4. Supervise meal times, rest periods and nappy changing/toileting. To promote good hygiene practices.
5. Maintain a daily register of staff and children within the room.
6. To work in partnership with parents ensuring continuity of care for their children. To communicate verbally on a daily basis with parents with regard to their children's welfare and development.
7. To record information relating to childrens individual progress and development and share this information periodically at parents meetings.
8. To attend any staff meetings or any training courses pertinent to the role to help aid professional and personal development. To actively contribute to work required for the nursery to receive a recognised Quality Assurance Award.
9. To monitor and record all accidents and be aware of any potential hazards within the building.
10. To remove any broken or potentially dangerous equipment and report findings to Senior Staff member.
11. To implement Nursery Policies and Procedures and promote good working practices at all times.
12. To be responsible for the children during outings and visits outside of the nursery. This will include ensuring staff: child ratios are maintained at all times.
13. Utilise opportunities to promote the nursery and encourage parents/guardians to be actively interested and involved in the nursery and their children's day.
14. To ensure all information about children is treated with sensitivity and absolute confidentiality.
15. Any other duties in a Day Nursery setting laid down by the Manager
If you are interested in this role please apply online
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
The job: has been sent to: