You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Montessori Nursery Room leader
Montessori Nursery Room leader
Fountain Montessori is a family owned business, our core values are love, service, caring and build, we look for these qualities in people we hire to join our team.
Responsible to: Pre-school Manager/deputy manager
Purpose of the job: To manage the room team member and responsibilities, work as a key person and as part of the pre-school team under the direction of the manager and deputy. To provide safe, high quality Montessori education and care for young children this meets the individual needs of children attending the setting.
Please make sure you have the following before applying
1. Montessori qualification
2. 2 years room leading experience
3. 5 years childcare experience
- Competitive salary
- Company pension
- Termly Bonus (target)
- Tailored training
- Career progression
- 5.6 weeks paid holiday
Hours: 40hrs per week
Salary range: £18k - £22k
We hire for ATTITUDE, not necessarily aptitude. We will train you to excel in a child care environment, if you have the passion to do so! So even if you don’t meet all the requirements listed below, still consider applying if you’re a bright, motivated, loving, positive person who wants to be a part of a winning team and make a difference in the lives of children and families.
- To assist and manage room team with the planning of the curriculum using the Montessori & Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) curriculum for guidance. Oversee and delegate the implementation, reflection and planning of weekly and termly plans.
- To act as a key person to a small group of children, liaising closely and building an effective relationship with ALL parents/carers and ensuring each child's needs are recognised and met. Also work with team members and manager to ensure good key person relationships are maintained by all team members, reports and issues dealt with asap.
- To teach children, offering an appropriate level of support and stimulating play experiences. Role model to team appropriate interaction with children and help to identify any areas of expertise to be shared or training needs with manager.
- To attend training courses termly as required and to take responsibility for your development. Essential training for room leaders – Food hygiene, positive behaviour, key person, safe guarding, first aid, reflective practice, characteristics of effective leaders and supporting children with SEND.
- To promote the nursery to current parents and potential customers, by supporting the nursery during open days, viewings and tours to ensure you greet visitors and take the time to speak to them and welcome their child to your class answering any relevant questions.
- To undertake any other reasonable duties as directed by the Pre-school Manager, in accordance with the setting’s business plan/objectives.
This job description is not an exhaustive list of duties and the post holder will be required to undertake any other reasonable duties discussed and directed by the line manager.
- The DESIRE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN THE LIFE of others
- Willingness to learn.
- Montessori assistant/diploma and level 3 Early years and above
- Previous experience of working with young children.
- Knowledge of the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS).
- Sound knowledge of Montessori philosophy and practice
- Fluency and clear communication in English and IT skills is essential to speak to parents, children and staff.
- Degree in Early childhood or level 5 management
- Montessori diploma level 4
- Willingness to undertake further training in particular Montessori training.
- Current First Aid at Work qualification.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (1974) and does require a criminal records check.
Applicants must be prepared to disclose any convictions they may have and any orders which have been made against them.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
Fountain Montessori Pre-school
The job: has been sent to: