You can save this job and apply at a later date.
GCSE Delivery Tutor
Job type- Full time permanent
Salary- Up to £23,011
Hours- 35 hours per week (+ 5 hours paid lunch)
This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic English and Maths GCSE Tutor to join a small team delivering a Study Programme to disadvantaged learners at the Nacro education centre in Sandwell
The English and Maths Tutor will work as part of the Sandwell teaching team to ensure learners achieve the appropriate English and maths GCSE qualifications while developing the learners’ employability, personal and social skills.
We are in search of a Tutor with experience in guiding a diverse group of clients through the requirements of an awarding body such as City & Guilds and AQA. As well as the ability to identify preferred learning styles and engage difficult-to-reach young people.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Deliver training and support to 16-19 year olds on Nacro’s Study Programme
• Ensure all relevant young people achieve GCSE qualifications
• Offer Employability qualifications to challenging/disadvantaged client groups
• Ability to work to tight deadlines
• Develop resources and deliver training programmes to service users
• Carry out initial assessments of the service users
• Create support plans and regularly monitor these
• Use resources efficiently and effectively, ensuring proper use and security at all times
As a successful candidate you will have:
• A level 4 teaching qualification (Certificate in Education & Training (CET) or an equivalent qualification)
• A level 5 teaching qualification (Diploma in Education & Training (DET), Cert Ed, or an equivalent qualification)
• Level 4 (or above) English and/or maths specialism is desirable
Salary is dependent on experience and qualifications held.
A DBS check will be required for this role.
Please apply online
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
The job: has been sent to: