You can save this job and apply at a later date.
ASD Teaching Assistant
Do you have a personal connection or real life experiences working with autistic people?
Are you willing to make a difference to the lives of autistic people?
We would love to hear from you!
Empowering Learning has fantastic opportunities to support autistic people and help promote their independence across education settings in the Manchester area. We need people who can show initiative and empathy, who are caring and professional and who can work as part of a team. You will be supporting the teachers in creating a learning environment that stimulates and encourages the best possible progress and the highest possible attainment for students.
Your responsibilities may consist of the following:
* To support teachers in providing a learning environment that meets the intellectual, sensory and personal development needs of children
* To support teachers in providing a learning environment that meets the spiritual, moral, social and cultural needs of children
* To support teachers in establishing, evaluating and reviewing of behaviour management strategies
* To support pupils in the achievement of their individual learning and behaviour targets
* To contribute to the safety of the pupils
* To contribute to reviews and assessments and maintain accurate, up-to-date records as required
* To implement school policies and procedures to ensure the health, safety and general welfare of children
* To utilise a range of ICT tools and resources
The successful applicant will be supporting teaching and learning across the school, providing general support in the management of pupils, as directed by the class teacher. You must be able to promote and maintain a culture of high expectations and have the enthusiasm and energy required while helping students achieve their full potential. If this is you, do not hesitate to get in touch!
Empowering Learning is a teacher training and placement consultancy who specialise in the training and placement of both overseas and UK trained teachers. We have ex Ofsted Inspectors, QTS Specialists and ex Leadership Teachers working in the office to support all our staff throughout their journey. Empowering Learning Ltd is a committed Equal Opportunities Employer and therefore will not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, ethnicity, disability or sexual orientation. Please note that successful applicants will be asked to apply for an enhanced DBS check via the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
The job: has been sent to: