You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Exams Officer - Liverpool
Prospero Teaching are currently looking for a qualified Exams Officer to join a fantastic secondary school in Liverpool. This is a temp to perm position beginning after the February half term.
- Provides a nurturing environment for both pupils and staff alike, with a commitment to developing young minds and characters as a foundation for them to go on to lead rich and rewarding lives
- Exceptionally organised but with a welcoming 'family feel’
- Have been established for over a year and now need someone to help set up their first season of big exams
The post holder
- Will have good administrative skills, computer literacy skills and be highly efficient and organised
- They will be articulate & able to deal sensitively with a variety of situations with teachers, examination invigilators, pupils, parents and examination board representatives
- The ability to be clear and assertive whilst remaining calm, composed, tactful and flexible is essential
- Ideally have previous experience as an Exams Officer and be up-to-date with latest policies
- Hold an up-to-date DBS Check or be willing to apply for one
- Be available to commence on or around the 25/02/2019.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. This post is subject to a DBS enhanced disclosure check.
- Oversee all arrangements for all public examination entries GCSE, IB and Vocational subjects including Diplomas and AS and A2 examinations for Sixth Form students
- Ensure all examination papers and stationery are delivered safely to the school, being responsible for their strict security and ensuring completed papers are dispatched promptly and appropriately.
- Co-ordinate the team of invigilators, with the support of the Lead Invigilators, including recruitment, training, management and deployment
- Make appropriate timetabling and room arrangements for the above
- Ensure that all examinations start and finish appropriately in line with examination board regulations including the conduct of any on-line examinations
- Ensure that pupils are given all the necessary relevant information about examination entries, the dates and times of the examinations, conduct during examinations and the collection of results and certificates and that this information is given in good time
- Deal with issues relating to appeals, remarking and other administrative issues such as pupils who miss examinations through illness or who require special consideration
- Receive examination results and certificates and making arrangements for their issue
- Keep up to date with the necessary policies, procedures, rules and regulations laid down by the different examination bodies
- Organise appropriate arrangements for the support of candidates with special examination requirements (eg dyslexia, disabled) in conjunction with the Head of Special Needs.
- Work in liaison with the nominated of the Senior Leadership Team and School Data Coordinator to provide information related to public (and if required, internal) examinations
We welcome applications from all interested and experienced Exam Officers, who feel that they can add value to this school and can prosper in a highly effective, fast-paced environment. Candidates wishing to apply are requested to apply below or call (phone number removed).
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
The job: has been sent to: