You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Prospero Teaching is looking for a Learning Mentor to provide supply cover in schools across Greater Manchester. We work with Mainstream Primary & Secondary Schools and specialist schools along with pupil referral units (PRU) with pupils with a variety of special needs; ASD, mental health and behaviour issues.
The schools pre-book teachers for cover where possible and do also call for cover on the day. You are able to select your preferred type of booking, either pre-book, standby or both.
This position is open to experienced, Learning Mentors or those with experience in relevant areas, where you have gained transferable skills. You would need to have experience working with children or young people in a formal capacity, such as sports coaching, mentoring, befriending, social work or youth worker. You will need to have a strong understanding of supporting children and young people.
• Location – Greater Manchester
• Position – Learning Mentor
• Type of work – Supporting students with pastoral and behavioural needs on one to one basis
• Start date – 25th February 2019
• Likely Duration – ongoing supply cover to July 2019
• Position end date – July 2019
• Contract type – Temporary
• Full-time potential
• Minimum rate of pay - £55
• Hours – 8:20am-4pm (term time only)
Experience, Training and Qualifications:
It is essential that you have experience of working with young people or children in a formal setting. You will also need to have up to date Safeguarding training. You can undertake a free course with Prospero Teaching if you have not completed a Safeguarding course in the last 12 months.
To be eligible for any role with Prospero Teaching, you must:
• Hold Right to Work in the UK
• Hold an enhanced child barred list DBS certificate registered with online update service or be willing to process a new application
• Provide professional child related references
If you are a learning mentor and would like to be considered for this role, please apply with a copy of your up to date CV or call (phone number removed).
Prospero Teaching is acting as an employment business/education recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy. The successful candidate will be required to register with Prospero Teaching in order to fill this vacancy.
Prospero Teaching is able to offer the successful candidate:
• Free, accredited continued professional development courses including safeguarding and behaviour management
• In-house Training and Development team
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
The job: has been sent to: