You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Study Skills Tutor - University Level
Randstad Student Support is recruiting a Specialist One to One Study Skills Support Tutor to work with Students at the University of Bristol
We have students with disabilities who are requiring one to one support with their Higher Education studies. We are looking for the right individuals to support our students to really make a difference. The role is set to start ASAP.
Tutors provide one to one assistance to students and work with an Individual Learning Plan (ILP). They encourage students to take responsibility for their own learning and to develop their skills. Specialist support tutors are facilitators, not advocates or mentors. They provide expertise in the area of language and study skills to help students to develop learning strategies to improve their studies.
* Flexible working hours - you choose your own hours
* 28 days holiday pay pro rata - perfect for the summer holidays and Christmas breaks
* £27-29 per hour - you will receive this rate, plus your benefits - holiday pay
* Working for the UK's leading provider - you're in safe hands
* Interacting directly with students - YOU help them to achieve their goals
Providing individual support to students with Specific Learning Difficulties (SpLD). You will help your students with:
* Time Management
* Assignment Planning
You will work closely with Randstad regarding the needs of individual students, and to ensure that any concerns are addressed in a timely manner. You will be expected to act professionally and maintain confidentiality within your role at all times, sharing all relevant information with Randstad to ensure the best possible service to your students.
This is a specialist role, so requires specialist skills. You must hold a professional membership with one of the following to be considered for this role:
* Professional Association for Teachers and Assessors (PATOSS)
* British Dyslexia Association (BDA)
* Dyslexia Guild
* The Association of Dyslexia Specialists in Higher Education (ADSHE)
To support students with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) you must hold a degree and a teaching qualification with comprehensive training in adult autism.
Further skills/requirements include:
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
* Ability to identify ways of helping students to build on their learning strengths whilst maintaining a confidential and professional working relationship
* Accurate spelling and grammar skills
* Punctuality and reliability
* Good organisational skills
* Ideally you will have experience in working with specific learning difficulties individuals in higher or further education.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity to work with university students or if you have any questions about the role, please call Triona on (phone number removed)
Randstad SWS acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Randstad SWS is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
Randstad Student Support
The job: has been sent to: