You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Teaching Assistants & Higher Level Teaching Assistants
Primary Teaching Assistants & HLTA’s (would suit someone looking to graduate this year and considering a career in teaching)
TA’s - 37.5 hours per week, term time only Salary: £14,062 (G13) - £15,455 (G18) (Salary will be dependent on skills and experience)
HLTA’s – 37.5 hours per week, term time only Salary: £17,221 (G21) - £19,375 (G25) (Salary will be dependent on skills and experience)
Due to the return of service families from Germany, our current Wellington Primary Academy and our brand new Wellington Eagles Primary are looking to recruit teaching assistants for all key stages for September 2019.
The Wellington Primary Academy opened on a purpose-built site in September 2014. The school has grown ever since with numbers due to increase further this September. The school is situated on the outskirts of Tidworth and will eventually become a two form primary.
The new Wellington Eagles Primary Academy is currently under construction and due to open to pupils this September. The new school is a two-storey, two form entry school and located in Ludgershall opposite our secondary school, The Wellington Academy.
Both schools offer exciting curriculums; modern buildings and beautiful grounds.
Our ambition for our primary schools is the same we have for all schools in the Wellington family: to provide an outstanding education for all its students, regardless of background or ability.
As an organisation we are committed to providing exceptional continuous professional development in order to effectively support all staff and secure the best learning environment for our students. To this end we ensure that our staff are fully resourced with access to the latest technology. We work closely with Wellington College and provide the opportunity for all our staff to work with this extraordinary and innovative teaching school. We want to work with staff who share this ambition.
Our values are:
• Excellence through rigorous learning of key skills within a rich and broad curriculum
• Holistic learning by developing the whole child
• Innovation in the way we teach and learn
• Collaboration with parents, the Wellington Family of schools, the military community and local primaries
Due to expansion within the Primary, we are looking to appoint experienced enthusiastic teaching assistants, who have a passion for working with children and are able to make an active contribution to the development of our school. You will provide support to the teachers in all areas of the curriculum, assessment and learning and be especially inspired about learning outdoors. You must be able to offer support with an after-school enrichment activity.
We are looking for Teaching Assistants who are:
- Trained to CACHE3/NVQ 3 level or currently working towards this
- Have experience of working in a primary setting and across both key stages
- Able to support within the class and work flexibly with staff
- Excited by outdoor learning
- Committed to developing children as thinkers and developing a growth mindset
- Able to offer a range of interventions and support either 1:1 or in small group settings
- Passionate about their job and caring to the needs of every child
- An excellent communicator
- Able to offer exciting enrichment and extra-curricular activities through our after-school Golden Eagle programme
We can offer you:
- A brilliant modern building which offers the very best in facilities both to children and adults
- A friendly environment where everyone is valued
- An exciting curriculum
- Supportive colleagues and parents
- Exciting CPD opportunities
All applicants must apply using the Academy’s application form, available with more details from our website please select the 'Apply Now' to be redirected.
Closing date for all applications is midday, on Wednesday 6th February, 2019 with interviews taking place shortly after this either on Wednesday 13th February or Thursday 14th February 2019.
Wellington Eagles Primary Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All appointments are subject to references and an enhanced DBS check before confirmation.
Wellington Eagles Primary Academy is an equal opportunities employer. The campus is a no smoking site.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
Wellington Eagles Primary Academy
The job: has been sent to: