You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Nursery Nurse - Kentish town
The nursery is part of a small chain of nurseries that are well established and have a solid reputation for delivering great childcare.
Our client is looking to recruit new talent; fun people with drive, enthusiasm, ambition and a real passion for early years – if this is you, then we would love to talk to you.
Early Years is not for the faint hearted and shrinking violets will need to blossom (although our client can help with that), uncompromising high quality runs through everything they do to ensure the best possible learning outcomes for children. Their vision is to inspire young minds of the future – 'if you like what you’ve read so far – come and join the ride; it’ll be a blast!'
The role of Early Years Practitioner/Nursery Nurse in Kentish Town involves the following responsibilities:
- To contribute in developing individual programmes for pupils with special needs.
- Telling or reading stories to a class or group of pupils.
- To lead activities and scaffold learning in teacher and child initiated learning both indoors and outdoors.
- To take groups of children on educational visits, ensuring their safety at all times.
- Maintaining and setting out equipment in an interesting and stimulating way before the activities of the day and clearing away equipment after use, encouraging the assistance of the children.
- Carry out observations and assessment of pupils and record keeping.
- Help control and maintain resources including books, materials, equipment etc.
- Level 2 or 3 in childcare
- Experience of working with babies
- Have experience in a 'good' or 'outstanding' setting.
- Strong understanding of the EYFS
- Ability to plan in line with EYFS
- Good communication skills both with children and parents
- Ability to form good interactions with children and use own initiative.
You must also be able to demonstrate:
- You must have a warm smiling face that makes every child feel special.
- You must be able to laugh at jokes you don’t understand or don’t find funny.
- In this job you need to be adaptable – if a child requests you pretend to be the Gruffalo or a Princess, you must have the skills to morph from one to the other.
- If you need to be excused from the room to visit the toilet, pass wind, or pick your nose – you need to be comfortable telling your colleagues you are doing so.
- The ability to sing in tune is not necessary, however the ability to sing out of tune in front of a crowd is essential.
- You must be able to distribute warm hugs as and when required.
- Possessing the skills to quickly count the fast moving heads of small people is vitally important.
- You need to be comfortable entering public places on the way home from work with unknown substances on your clothing.
- You must have a high level of comfort when talking about bodily functions. You must also possess a strong sense of smell to enable you to detect and respond to said bodily functions.
- You must enjoy the taste of a pretend cup of tea.
- You must have the ability to read a ten page fairytale, with at least 4 interruptions per page.
If you may be interested in these Nursery Nurse roles in Kentish Town, Greater London, please send us your CV through this site or contact us for an informal chat.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
The job: has been sent to: