You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Graduate Sports Teaching assistant - Blackpool
Are you looking to kick start your career in Education? Are you looking to apply for your Teacher Training next year but want to continue gaining classroom based experience to compliment your application?
Veritas Education are currently working in partnership with some large client schools who are looking for specific graduate teaching assistants with specialisms in Sport and outdoor education to start with them this year. This is an ideal opportunity for anybody who has some experience of supporting pupils (paid or voluntary) and is now looking to further their career within Education. The schools in question have excellent development strategies in place to ensure that the right candidates receive the highest level of support and have access to great development opportunities.
Your responsibilities as a Teaching Assistant will range from day to day and include
*Working with identified pupils on a 1:1 or small group basis to help raise attainment in core subject areas
*Building strong working relationships with Teachers and other support staff to ensure the highest level of support is provided to pupils
*Planning lesson resources and materials
*Monitoring behaviour and keeping disruption to low levels
Working as a Teaching Assistant is ideal preparation for anyone considering a career in education such as a teacher or educational psychologist.
About the School
* Modern School
* Caters for children aged six to 19 years old
* Rated “Outstanding" by Ofsted
* In partnership with local schools that regularly use the training facilities available
* Outstanding leadership team who encourage in-house career progression
* Play therapy room
* Assembly/sports/dining hall with specialist light and sound facilities
* Adapted minibuses
* Accessible/adapted toilet/changing areas with plinths and hoists
* Specialist individual equipment for pupils ordered by physiotherapist, Speech and Language Therapists, Occupational and Dietary Therapists
* All classrooms have computers/interactive whiteboards with appropriate switches, software and internet access
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR VERITAS EDUCATION
* All applications are subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, professional reference checks, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) in line with our stringent safeguarding policy
* Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and all employment breaks must be explained
* You must have legal right to work in the UK
* You must be willing to attend a registration interview
Veritas Education work with a variety of schools covering a wide geographical area. We deal with teaching placements at Primary, Secondary and college level as well as support staff positions also within these.
'Nothing within the above advert was in any way designed or intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation. Veritas Education is an Equal opportunities employer and is proud in the knowledge that all placements are made on merit and suitability. We accept applications from all sections of the community.'
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
Veritas Education Recruitment
The job: has been sent to: