You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Special Needs Learning Support Assistant / SEN LSA
* Outstanding Ealing SEN School
* Fantastic Facilities and Training
* Full Time & Part Time Vacancies
* Immediate Start
* Roles within ASD, SLD and MLD Classes
* Vacancies within Primary and EYFS Phases
* Pay £70 - 85 per day
I am currently recruiting for Special Needs Learning Support Assistant / SEN LSA vacancies for candidates to work within a special needs school in Ealing, West London. This special needs school, caters for children between the ages of 2 and 11 who have Severe Learning Difficulties, Moderate Learning Difficulties, Autistic Spectrum Disorders, Communication Disorders, Sensory Needs and Physical Needs.
The applicants for these Special Needs Learning Support Assistant / SEN LSA roles will need to be comfortable working within a special needs environment, and working with children across primary and early years phases. Temporary contracts available immediately.
* Special Needs Learning Support Assistant / SEN LSA
* Work with students with autism and moderate and/or severe learning difficulties aged between 3 and 11 years old
* To support the class teacher within a special needs environment
* Assisting with personal care tasks such as changing and feeding the children
* Working with the class teacher and up to three other support staff within the classroom
* Assisting and supporting the children with classroom work, as well as off site trips
* Daily rate from £70, depending on experience
* Part time and full time options available
* Temporary contracts available immediately
This is a massively impressive and well respected special needs school that is recognised as being one of the best SEN schools in London if not the whole country. The school ethos is all about the ongoing commitment to providing the best education for their students, ensuring staff are passionate about providing each student with meaningful learning experiences which promote their development.
There is a concerted focus on holistic development through a flexible curriculum which emphasises ‘Deep Learning’ by responding to each student’s point of learning. There is a range of expertise throughout this school, from highly skilled teachers and teaching assistants to a range of teams and leaders. Together, these multi-disciplinary teams ensure every child’s needs are met academically, socially and in terms of pastoral care. The team of highly skilled and dedicated teachers lead their class team through shared goals which are informed by parents, families, NHS Therapists, and the Multi-agency Support Team. This vision is at the heart of their successful and inspiring integrated provision.
The school has a culture of shared responsibility for the wider population of children and young people with Special Educational Needs and Disability (SEND). As a designated Teaching School the training and progression opportunities for staff are unparalleled. The school works collaboratively with a network of schools and organisations to engage with research and innovation which will enhance approaches to SEND. At the centre of this is a commitment to meaningful partnership with parents, peers, and professional partners.
* Maximum of 8 children per class
* There are 15 classes across primary, and 15 classes across secondary
* Modern superbly resources school site in the London Borough of Ealing
* Set in a central area that is very easily accessible via public transport with links to all areas of London and major transport hubs all under 10 minutes walk from school
* Special needs school for children with autism and a wide range of complex learning difficulties
THE IDEAL SPECIAL NEEDS LEARNING SUPPORT ASSISTANT / SEN LSA APPLICANTS
* Previous experience working within the UK education sector
* Previous experience working with a special needs environment is desired but not essential
* PECS and Makaton skills preferable though not essential
* Team Teach trained applicants preferable
* GCSE Maths and English Grades A - C and equivalent required for permanent contracts
* Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
* Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
The job: has been sent to: