You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Deputy Head Teacher - Specialist SEN School
Deputy Head - Independent SEN School
Old Arley, Warwickshire
Salary: £45,000 - £50,000
Arc School Old Arley are currently looking to recruit a passionate and experienced Teaching and Learning professional to join our successful school as Deputy Head. Part of our requirement of this position is to create a level of succession planning for the school, and group, therefore the successful candidate would need to feel comfortable progressing their career (in due course) to become school head, either at Old Arley or at another of our schools in the group.
Arc School Old Arley is a specialist day school for boys and girls, aged 7 to 16 years. The school supports children and young people with various educational and social needs, including Social, Emotional and Mental Health difficulties (SEMH), Autism Spectrum Conditions (ASC), Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorders (ADHD), attachment disorders and a range of other complex needs as identified in the Education, Health and Care Plans (EHCPs). The Deputy Head will become part of a team that specialises in delivering curriculum designed to meet individual needs and give our students the best possible educational outcomes.
At Arc School Old Arley our students benefit from our unique, bespoke, creative curriculum with strategic support from multidisciplinary teams of therapists. We seek an experienced professional to join the Senior Leadership Team to enhance the teaching and learning, assessment and curriculum so that students’ outcomes are consistently outstanding.
Main Roles and Responsibilities:
- Deputise in the Head Teacher’s absence
- To focus on learning, progress and outcomes and be responsible for line managing core subject teachers
- Ensuring that each pupil enjoys their education and leaves with the strongest outcomes possible.
- Monitoring, promoting and developing teaching and learning across the school
- Quality Assurance and professional standards, including performance management
- Curriculum Forward Planning and timetable construction
- Data Analysis and Development
- Assessment, Recording and Reporting
- Continuing Professional Development and staff induction
- Leading phase group 1 meetings
- Senior leadership team experience
- Experience of the operational management of a school
- Excellent knowledge of autism and autism specific educational and intervention strategies
- Good understanding of Ofsted inspection process as well as an awareness of Independent school standards
- Track record in supporting sustainable outcomes for young people with SEMH, ASC and other conditions.
- Experience of Investigations, Hearings and Performance management
- An excellent knowledge of the specialist curriculum area and how it may be effectively taught.
- NPQH or other senior school leadership qualification/accreditation level
Kedleston Group Ltd is an independent provider of SEMH day and residential schools as well as children’s homes across England. We look for people who have the creativity and enthusiasm needed to deliver the best outcomes for the children and young people we support. We offer staff a comprehensive induction programme and ongoing training to ensure everyone is provided with the best possible start to their employment. Kedleston welcome and nurture staff through the organisation's training provision and seek staff and leaders who are motivated and focused in their delivery of the best education and care support. We have vacancies across England for management, teaching, care, support, administration and ancillary roles within this rapidly developing organisation.
Kedleston Group Ltd is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and requires all staff to act in the best interests of our pupils at all times. Successful candidates will be asked to apply for an Enhanced Disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
Kedleston Group Ltd
The job: has been sent to: