You can save this job and apply at a later date.
SEN / ASD Teaching Assistant in Westminster
*** SEN School***
We are currently working with an SEN school in Westminster, Central London. They are currently looking to recruit a teaching assistant who has SEN experience in complex needs such as ASD, down syndrom and more.
The school caters for secondary aged students who have complex needs, ranging from Autism to PMLD. The school is very well managed but does have its challenges due to the range of SEN students, this is a physically and mentally challenging role.
The school is within walking distance to a mainline station and tube station.
You will be expected to work within a small class normally between 4 to 5 students, there will generally be a teacher and between 2 to 3 teaching assistants/learning support assistants, this enables all pupils to receive the right amount of care.
Key skills and experience needed:
* SEN experience is essential
* Previous support work within a school or other child related experience
* Strong behaviour management
* One to one and small group work
* Professional manor
* Enthusiasm and friendly approach
If you are interested in this position, please send your CV to Tiv Suntharesan at Veritas Education - (url removed)
Veritas Education are currently working on various vacancies so even if this one doesn’t fit your exact requirements, we may have something more suitable for you. Please send through your CV or give me a call so we can discuss other opportunities.
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR VERITAS EDUCATION
* All applications are subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, professional reference checks, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) in line with our stringent safeguarding policy
* Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and all employment breaks must be explained
* You must have legal right to work in the UK
* You must be willing to attend a registration interview
Veritas Education work with a variety of schools covering a wide geographical area. We deal with teaching placements at Primary, Secondary and college level as well as support staff positions also within these.
'Nothing within the above advert was in any way designed or intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation. Veritas Education is an Equal opportunities employer and is proud in the knowledge that all placements are made on merit and suitability. We accept applications from all sections of the community.'
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
Veritas Education Recruitment
The job: has been sent to: