You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Computer Science Teacher, Hounslow, immediate start
Are you a teacher of ICT and Computer Science keen to work in one of the highest achieving schools in the borough of Hounslow? Are you available to commence an immediate position through until the end of the academic year with the view to a permanent position? If so Tradewind Recruitment may have the role for you.
An OFSTED graded ‘Outstanding’ school in the borough of Hounslow have contacted us to assist in the recruitment of a full-time A-level ICT and Computer Science Teacher to join them from an immediate start on either a long-term contract until the end of the academic year, or an immediate permanent contract; the role offers a very competitive salary available in line with experience (Main Pay Scale Inner London - £28,660 - £39,006)
The school in question have worked with Tradewind Recruitment for the past 10 years and we have placed many teachers with them, and this department in particular, and the feedback is second to none. You will be working under a highly experienced head of department and we can guarantee you all the support you need!
The school is set in a brand new £20 million-pound building built on the old playing fields. It opened this September 2016 so it is a very exciting time to join the school. We successfully helped the school recruit 3 permanent members of staff for the beginning of this term and they are all giving excellent feedback from their respective departments.
It is a medium sized school, which-feedback states-enables the school to give all pupils the close attention and individual help they need to best develop their talents. Catering for a wide range of academic ability, current GCSE are at an all-time high and they are proud to be in the top 100 schools nationally for KS2-GCSE ‘value added’.
Responsibilities for this Key Stage 3 to 5 ICT and Computer Science Teacher Role include:
This role will involve teaching small, classes of approximately 25 motivated girls and boys with an almost 50/50 timetable split across the Key Stages.
• To follow the school’s curriculum and assessment methodology (which are largely based on the National Curriculum)
• To assess prospective pupil applications
• To do at least one duty a week (paid additional)
• Core hours are 8:10am to 4:00pm, with one 8am duty for one week per year; teaching hours are between 9am and 3:15pm
• To attend staff meetings and parents’ evenings as required out of school hours
• To contribute to ‘house’ and other whole school activities (e.g. sports day)
• Occasional internal cover of absent staff
The school adopts a policy of supportive rigour when developing the childrens academic and extra-curricular performance. Small class sizes mean that teachers have the opportunity to pay close attention to their pupils and develop each child’s skills.
The ideal candidate for this ICT and Computer Science Teacher role will:
• be experienced and/or qualified to teach both subjects to A-level.
• be empathetic to the students and contribute to the school’s friendly, enthusiastic atmosphere.
• be familiar with the national curriculum and assessment methodology
• A sense of warmth and having a caring outlook.
• Any other skills or subject expertise may be helpful.
More information for this ICT and Computer Science Teacher role:
• Small class sizes mean that teachers have the opportunity to pay close attention to their pupils and develop each child’s skills.
• Lunch is provided by the school.
• The school has very low staff turnover.
• A school allowance is paid on top of Inner London Main Pay Scale.
Based in the borough of Hounslow; easily commutable from across London, with great underground, overground and bus links; even if you are not currently living West, the chances are this school is easily commutable.
To join us and be successful in this Computer Science and ICT Teacher role you will need to:
• Hold QTS status or equivalent teaching qualification
• This position is subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) and professional reference checks
• Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and any employment breaks must be explained
• You must have the legal right to work in the UK
Click ‘Apply’ to be considered for this great position as a Computer Science and ICT Teacher in Hounslow, Inner London. Or for more information about the role, contact Eamonn Molloy on (phone number removed) option 2 /
We look forward to hearing from you and helping take you on the next step of your teaching career.
Tradewind Recruitment is a Sunday Times Top 100 employer – stopping at nothing to ensure our candidates, clients and employees come first. At Tradewind you will have access to 25 fully certified CPD courses, that’s 18 more than our next nearest competitor, all focused on making you the best you can be. We have the very best people available to take your call and look after you every step of the way. We pride ourselves on exceptional service and take the time to really get to know you. Put simply; we listen, we learn, we deliver. Why? Because our people matter most.
No terminology in the above advertisement is intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation. Tradewind Recruitment is proud to be an Equal Opportunities Employer and accepts applications from all sections of the community.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
The job: has been sent to: