You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Pre Employment Tutor with Construction Experience
The Skills People Group are a national provider of NVQ, Apprenticeships, Programmes for the unemployed and Compliance training. We specialise in both commercial and funded training and are proud to be nationally recognised as one of the UK’s largest private training providers. We are currently recruiting for a highly organised, qualified Pre-Employment Tutor/Assessor to join our existing team. This role will require the successful candidate to work in partnership with our business to ensure learner completion to the highest quality.
The role of assessor/tutor will encompass training, teaching, reviewing and monitoring learners within Pre- Employment Training.
This role will require you to teach and assess classroom performance of the learners as well as aiding the learner with portfolio building. In addition to the above you will ensure all required funding paperwork is completed to the funders requirements.
The role will require significant national travel.
The successful candidate will undertake the following main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain all learner and course related documentation. This will include maintenance of learner files and relevant tracking documents
- You will act as a personal tutor and mentor to groups of students and will be expected to work to a target of learner completions
- Observe and assess learners in the classroom, providing feedback and guidance to ensure learning standards are met and qualifications are attained within agreed timescales
- Assessing the learners’ portfolio of evidence and signing off the award when necessary achievements have been met
- Meeting company and awarding body requirements
The ideal candidate must possess the following Skills, Experience and Qualities:
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Occupational competency in the delivery of construction
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to follow processes
- Enthusiasm in the work place
- Work well under pressure
- Knowledge of ESFA rules and guidance
The ideal candidate must possess the following qualifications:
- Experience in the delivery of Pre-Employment Training
- A PTLLS or equivalent teaching qualification
- A TAQA or A1 assessor award
- Experience in Construction delivery
- Maths and English qualifications at Level 2 or above.
- You will report to the Pre-Employment Operations Manager
- You will be based Remotely
- Equality and Diversity
- It is the responsibility of the post holder to promote equality and diversity throughout the Group.
The post holder will undertake their duties in full accordance with the Group’s policies and procedures relating to equal opportunity and diversity.
Health and Safety
To promote health, safety and welfare throughout the Group.
To undertake their duties and responsibilities in full accordance with the Group’s Health and Safety Policy and Procedures.
Safeguarding Children and Vulnerable Adults
It is the responsibility of the post holder to commit to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults within the organisation.
The post holder will undertake their duties in full accordance with the Group’s policies and procedures relating to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, e.g. dealing with learner issues i.e. safeguarding and referring on to specialist staff.
This position is subject to an enhanced criminal records check from the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) and will be subject to satisfactory clearance of this check.
If this position is classed as Regulated Activity, it is subject to an Adult & Child barring check.
The details contained in this job description, particularly the principal accountabilities, reflect the content of the job at the date the job description was prepared. It should be remembered, however, that over time, the nature of individual jobs will inevitably change; existing duties may be lost and other duties may be gained without changing the general character of the duties of the level of responsibility entailed. Consequently, the Group will expect to revise this job description from time to time and will consult with the post holder at the appropriate time
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
Construction Skills People
The job: has been sent to: