You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Team Teach Trained SEN Teaching Assistant
TEAM TEACH BEHAVIOUR AND RESTRAINT TRAINING IS ESSENTIAL
*** SEMH (Social, Emotional and Mental Health) School ***
*** Leeds ***
*** ASAP Start ***
Veritas Education are currently working with an SEN / SEMH school based in Leeds who are recruiting for experienced Teaching Assistants to start in as soon as possible. The role will run for the full academic year but may potentially become permanent for the right candidate.
The school caters for primary and secondary aged students (5-16) with SEMH (Social, Emotional, and / or Mental Health issues) who have found it difficult to cope in mainstream settings and can display very challenging and anti-social behaviour. The school gives students a chance to improve their behaviour and turn their lives around.
Students are taught in small classes of eight pupils maximum, with a teacher and at least one teaching assistant / learning mentor. The successful candidate will be assisting the teacher in class, working with and supporting all students in lessons and around the school. Students study the national curriculum including GCSEs and BTECs. The majority of students have SEN or an EHCP (statement of Special Educational Needs/ Education, Health and Care Plan). It is vital to the school that a positive learning environment is created, where both the students and the staff enjoy learning and where there are opportunities for pupils to progress into college or further work-related learning.
Key skills and experience needed:
* Experience working in challenging schools such as SEN, SEMH or Pupil Referral Units
* Previous support work within a school or other child related experience
* Strong behaviour management and confident and unfazed with challenging behaviour
* SEN experience is essential
* Resilient, open-minded and have a sense of humour
* One to one and small group work experience
* Professional manner
* Enthusiastic and friendly yet firm approach
* TEAM TEACH BEHAVIOUR AND RESTRAINT TRAINING IS ESSENTIAL
If you are interested in this position, please respond with a full CV or call Jason Lupton on (phone number removed)
Veritas Education are currently working on various vacancies so even if this one doesn't fit your exact requirements, we may have something more suitable for you. Please send through your CV or give me a call so we can discuss other opportunities.
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR VERITAS EDUCATION
* All applications are subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, professional reference checks, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) in line with our stringent safeguarding policy
* Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and all employment breaks must be explained
* You must have legal right to work in the UK
* You must be willing to attend a registration interview
Veritas Education work with a variety of schools covering a wide geographical area. We deal with teaching placements at Primary, Secondary and college level as well as support staff positions also within these.
'Nothing within the above advert was in any way designed or intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation. Veritas Education is an Equal opportunities employer and is proud in the knowledge that all placements are made on merit and suitability. We accept applications from all sections of the community.'
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
Veritas Education Recruitment
The job: has been sent to: