You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Teaching Assistant Early Years
A brilliant Primary School in Leeds are currently looking for an experienced Teaching Assistant to work in their Early Years Stage on a contract basis starting as soon as possible. The ideal candidate must be passionate about working with interactive and engaging children, and can utilise and stretch their skill set in a EYFS setting. As a TA you will be supporting pupils across a range of abilities as well as undertaking duties that free up a teachers time, such as preparing the classroom, resources and displays. The role will include working with one or more SEN pupils.
The role will involve:
* Deliver tailored teaching activities to pupils on either a one-to-one basis or in small groups
* Make sure that the pupils that you support are able to engage in learning and stay on task during the lesson or activity
* Manage challenging pupil behaviour
* Guide and monitor pupil progress and deliver this to the Teacher
* Carry out administrative duties such as preparing classroom resource
* Provide support outside of your normal classes, such as helping during exams, covering TA absences or going on school trips
* Help with extracurricular activity such as breakfast and after-school clubs, homework club, revision sessions or lunch-time duties
* Co-ordinate specific areas of teaching support once you have the right level of experience
* Provide pivotal support to the teacher and other support staff
* Ensure a safe and healthy place of learning for the children
* Offer an approachable and helpful hand to the teacher with extra duties which they may need some assistance with
The successful candidate will need to have:
* Level 3 Qualified is advantageous
* A vibrant and organised approach to work
* Experience in a child based setting previously
* Can communicate effectively with both children and carers / parents
* An honest and reliable worker
* Experience with SEN pupils is an advantage
* Competitive pay rate
* Easy to access school on public transport
* Holidays as per the school
* Career progression for the right person
* Working with an encouraging and supportive Senior Management Team
This post is to start immediately and would ideally have applicants who are immediately available or on a short notice. Please feel free to apply and send your CV forward if you feel your experience and skill set is a match.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
The job: has been sent to: