You can save this job and apply at a later date.
SEMH EYFS/KS1 LSA, Ipswich
SEMH EYFS/KS1 LSA, Ipswich
About the School and the SEMH EYFS/KS1 LSA role:
Prospero Teaching are looking for Learning Support Assistants with experience working with children with Social, Emotional and Mental health difficulties. If you are looking for work in the Suffolk area and would like to make a positive difference to children’s lives then we would love to hear from you.
- We are looking for LSA’s to work in an Ipswich based special school for students with a range of complex difficulties including SEMH.
- You will be required to work across EYFS and KS1 and as such should have experience on these age groups and in particular in supporting children with Maths, Writing and Phonics.
- Purpose built school with specialist learning areas.
- This is initially for a 1 year fixed contract but is very likely to become a rolling contract.
- This school is part of a group and there are good career progression opportunities across the group for the right candidate.
Contract Details for the SEMH EYFS/KS1 LSA role in Suffolk:
- Location – Ipswich
- Position – SEMH LSA
- Type of work – Supporting students with SEMH
- Start date – 3 January 2019
- Contract type – 1 year rolling contract
- Full time/part time – Full time Monday to Friday
- Minimum rate of pay - £14396
Experience, Training and Qualifications required for the SEMH EYFS/KS1 LSA position:
- Previous LSA experience is required, ideally within the SEN Sector, although this is not essential providing you have the right attitude and desire.
- Previous experience working with challenging behaviour would be advantageous as would being restraint trained (however, these are not essential).
- A passion for working with children with SEMH.
- Pro Active in the classroom and a willingness to join in with class activities.
- You should have lots of energy and enthusiasm with a positive attitude towards working with SEN students.
To be eligible for the SEMH EYFS/KS1 LSA role through Prospero Teaching you must:
- Hold Right to Work in the UK
- Hold an enhanced child barred list DBS certificate registered with the online update service or be willing to process a new application
- Provide two professional child related references
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with a copy of your up to date CV. Unfortunately, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Prospero Teaching is acting as an employment business/education recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy. The successful candidate will be required to register with Prospero Teaching in order to fill this vacancy.
Prospero Teaching is able to offer the successful candidate:
- Free, accredited continued professional development courses including safeguarding and behaviour management
- In-house Training and Development Team
If you have a friend who you think would be interested in this SEMH Teacher job then please refer them to us and you could earn £150 from our Refer a Friend scheme.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.