You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Science / Maths Teacher
Science / Maths Teacher required for a small independent specialist school in Dumfries
This is an excellent opportunity to join us, providing education for young people with behavioural difficulties and additional learning needs
Salary £23,405 - £34,256 depending on experience
An exciting opportunity has arisen within Netherlea School, Dumfries for a Science / Maths Teacher to join us. Our school provides education to young people attending our residential homes, with behavioural difficulties. This is a challenging yet rewarding role where you will flourish within an environment where you can make a positive difference to young people's lives.
The role of Maths / Science Teacher will see you plan, prepare and deliver science and mathematics lessons, in addition to appropriate, broad, balanced, differentiated and challenging learning opportunities to all learners, as appropriate to their individual needs. As Maths / Science Teacher, you will be able to monitor, assess, record and report on all aspects of the progress and development of pupils in your subjects and more widely; contributing to raising standards of pupil achievement and attainment.
Reporting directly to the Head Teacher, you will fully participate in the life of the school community, promoting and supporting its ethos, values and aims. The desired candidate will have Qualified teacher status recognised by the DfE. You will have the ability to:
• To plan and deliver good or outstanding lessons in which all learners are included, engaged and make good progress
• Effective target setting and tracking of learner progress
• To clearly focus on the needs of the pupils and plan appropriate programmes of work
• To demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain firm and effective discipline without repression of the needs of individuals
• To work as a member of a team and co-operate on team-based projects
• To motivate and set high professional standards to teaching and non-teaching staff through personal influence
• To positively respond to change
• To liaise effectively with other professionals, carers and external agencies
• To maintain proper professional standards at all times
• To assist in the planning and development of all aspects of the curriculum
• To ensure all learners are prepared for independent life beyond school, where they can achieve their aspirations, make a positive contribution to society and achieve economic well-being.
•To provide cover for absent colleagues to ensure the continued smooth running of the school
• To have collective educational and pastoral responsibility for all pupils including writing and collation of reports and attendance at key meetings, as directed
• Create and maintain an appropriate learning environment in allocated learning spaces and across the school
• Work to ensure effective relationships internally across the multi-professional team and with external agencies, services and stakeholders involved with the school.
• To carry out other reasonable duties as may be required by the Head Teacher or Head of Education Services.
You will also ideally have experience working with pupils with additional support needs / special educational needs. Please note, this is not a full job description; a full version and person specification can be supplied on request.
Due to the nature of the role, we will pay for you to complete an enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, prior to starting with us. Under the Equality Act 2010, some posts may have a minimum age requirement, based on the age of the oldest child within the service you are applying for. CareTech is an equal opportunities employer and will invite disabled applicants to contact us to identify any additional support that they may require throughout the recruitment process.
Due to the volume of applications, if you do not receive an invitation to interview within 14 working days, then consider your application unsuccessful on this occasion; we do, however have other services you may be suitable for in surrounding areas for the roles below: Support Workers, Team Leaders, Deputy Managers, Registered Managers.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
The job: has been sent to: