*35 hours per week
*2 minute walk to train & bus stations - excellent links to London
Our Wanstead Nursery are excited to be looking for a Nursery Chef to join the Kindred family and to be part of the magic!
Kindred Wanstead is located 2 minutes walk from Wanstead Tube Station. The nursery is set in two home-from-home houses adjacent to the wonderful open space - George Green. Kindred offer exceptional childcare and early years education to 64 children aged 3 months to 5 years, and is open from 8:00 am to 6:00 pm
We are a family of inspiring nurseries and preschools with a distinct home from home environment. By creating days filled with unique moments and opportunities, we are able to truly enrich a child’s development during their 0-5 years. Our mission is to create inspiring worlds full of awe and wonder for little ones to grow and thrive in. Our values are at the centre of everything we do;
We are Always Learning – Always seeking out those moments to develop myself and others
We are Inspirational – Creating magic in every action
We have a Family Feel – Passionate about making everyone feel part of our incredible family
Wow - Your key responsibilities will be:
- Preparation or cooking of meals at the nursery
- Dropping off food at other sites
- Ensure all children’s dietary needs are being met
- Ensure high standards of hygiene, health and safety are maintained are all times
- All daily cleaning completed e.g floors, walls, sides all washed
- Daily paperwork completed and signed off
- Prepare plates/cutlery for all rooms at meal times
- Collect all dirty dishes from rooms, wash and put them away.
How - You will need
- Level 2 Food Hygiene Certificate
- A passion for nutritious and tasty food
- Previous experience working in catering
- To demonstrate our values in everything you do
We will give you:
- Discounted childcare (50%!) to enable your children to be part of the magic
- Awards, bonuses, health care plans, employee assistance schemes, flexible benefits, training and development, great salaries
- and of course, a great place to work!
A child’s world is fresh, new and beautiful and full of excitement. Do you want to be part of it?
As part of our commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children in our care, the successful candidate is expected to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.